dinsdag 9 februari 2010

Embroidered necklace

This necklace I made to wear on a wedding. I worked like crazy, got it done in the nick of time and never wore it to the wedding! Because it really didn't work with the dress. But I still like the necklace very much, these are my favourite colors: purples, blues, greys, silvers with touches of green.
I used Delica's (11/0 and 15/0), Swarovski's, true cuts and seed beads. Bead embroidery on Lacy's stiff stuff and herringbone stitch. Backed with ultrasuede. It hangs niceley around the neck and works for women with (a lot of) cleavage because of the V-line.
I am really curious about what you think of this necklace since this is completely my own design. February is still blank by the way....

7 opmerkingen:

Dees zei

Soe, this piece is absolutley stunning! Did you get to wear it to any other occasion? I love the way you used the circular design and the colorscheme. Saw you BJP for january too and like it a lot. I don't like beading on Lacy's Stiff Stuff.. Got some small pieces, want to have them? If so, send me your adress through the mail and I will get them to you.

Robbie zei

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I'd wear it in a heartbeat!! It is amazing!

Anoniem zei

I love this!!!

Magpie Sue zei

It's a beautiful necklace. Reminds me of bubbles (except that I know it must have some weight to it!).

Terri zei

Beautiful colors! Like raindrops on the water. Very nice!

Dees zei

I have nominated you for the Kreative Blogger Award that was passed on to me by Lisa Criswell. You deserve it! You can read about it on my blog.
(And hope to meet you in person sometime soon. Take care!)

eliana zei

wonderful!!!